Smart Search bar is a hybrid of the old address and search bars in Safari, which is the place to type and go. The default search provider, saved bookmarks, your web history, can easily be accessed through the unified Smart Search bar at the top of the Safari browser. In this post, we’ll show you how to use the Smart Search bar in the Safari browser of your iOS device.
How to search the web with the Smart Search bar on iOS
- Launch Safari from the Home screen.
- Tap in the Smart Search bar at the top of Safari browser.
- Enter some words or a phrase you want to search for.
- Tap on the Go button at the bottom right corner.
That’s all you need to do! Safari will then use your default search engine to show the results for you.
How to search bookmarks and web history with the Smart Search bar on iOS
Simply follow the below steps if you want to search bookmarks and web history using Smart Search bar in your Safari browser.
- Open Safari browser from the Home screen of your device
- Select the Smart Search bar at the top of your browser.
- Enter some keywords that you want to search the internet for (For instance, here we search for “iPhone”).
- Tap on the website or bookmark you would like to visit below the Bookmarks and History After that, the Smart Search will let you access this site
How to search the text on a specific web page with the Smart Search bar
If you want to search the text on a specific web page using Smart Search bar in Safari browser, then you simply follow the below steps to do that.
- Launch Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open up a web page in Safari.
- Tap in the Smart Search bar.
- Enter a specific word or phrase that you’d like to find on the page.
- Next, tap on the word or phrase below On this Page
- Tap on the navigation buttons to switch each instance of the word
- Tap Done when you’re completed.
How to change the default search browser in Safari
Each of you has your favorite search engine. So, make sure your search engine is the default when you use the Smart Search bar in the Safari browser.
- Select the Settings app from your Home screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Safari section
- Tap on Search Engine option
- Choose your preferred search engine available from the list.
Next time, when you open up Safari and type words or phrase into the Smart Search bar, it will use your newly default search engine to show results.