In macOS Mojave version, there are 4 iOS apps brought to Mac for the first time, which are News, Home, Voice Memos, and Stocks. The latest app allows you to check the financial markets as well as know more about your favorite companies. Here’s a brief overview of how you can use the Stocks app in macOS Mojave.
How to use Stocks app on Mac
By default, you can find the Stocks app on the Mac Dock in your macOS Mojave. To do so
- Click on Stocks app icon to get started.
- On the left side, there will be a listing of the exchanges and stocks you were previously following on the Stocks app on your iPhone. If you are a new user, you can find the default list, featuring the Dow Jones, NASDAQ, and APPL stock.
At the top right, you will see Top Stories from Apple News.
- If you want to add or remove stocks from the list, click on the Menu button in the bottom right corner.
- In the Manage Watchlist screen, you can easily add and remove systems. To add a symbol, just head to File > Add Symbol from the Mac toolbar.
- Tap on the delete button near the stock you wish to remove. It’s a minus symbol inside the red circle. Click on Done when you complete adding and removing symbols.
How to find the top stories
The process will take you back to the Stocks app screen.
- Click on Top Stories From Apple News On the right, you’ll then see current news headlines from the business world. Some stories will relate to the stocks listed on the left side.
- Click on a story to expand it.
- Scroll from the bottom to read the story.
How to read about the markets
- If you want to learn more about the markets, simply click on an exchange on the left side of your screen.
- Now, on the right side, you will notice real-time information on the financial exchange that you chose.
According to the image above, you can find a daily graph showing the Dow Jones Industrial Average. The chart, by default, displays the exchange throughout the current day. It also allows you to view the table for one week, one month, three months, two years, five years, ten years, or even all time.
- Next, scroll down and you can find stories about the market.
- Tap on a story to read it more.
Also read: How to fix macOS Mojave beta problems
How to learn more about a stock and company
- To check how your stocks are doing, simply click on the stock on the left side of your screen. While on the right side, you will notice real-time information about the company’s stock.
In the example below, you can find a graph that shows the current stock price for Apple. This chart, by default, shows the stock price throughout the present day. You can also view the chart for one week, one month, one year, five years, or even all time.
- Scroll down if you want to see current stories about the company.
- Click on the story to read more.