If you are planning to upgrade to the new Apple AirPods 2, many of you might wonder how to sell the old AirPods and where to sell them.
So on this post, we’ll give you a look at what to do before you sell your old AirPods or trade in yours for cash.
While Apple does not give you money for your old AirPods, you can still trade them in easily for about $50 at a few websites or even get more money after you remove them from your Apple ID account and clean them.
If you want more than $50 when selling your AirPods, you should get on eBay, or Facebook Marketplace. You should note that the market for used AirPods is smaller than for used iPhones/iPads.
How You Can Sell Your AirPods
Before you proceed with selling your AirPods, you first need to unpair them from your iOS device as well as remove them from your iCloud. You can also skip this option if you want, but it this is still a good idea to remove them from your iCloud account to void trouble you might encounter with your new AirPods 2 if you have to locate them later.
- First, put your AirPods in the case to set them offline.
- Visit iCloud.com and log in your account.
- Click on Find my iPhone > All Devices.
- Select AirPods.
- Choose Remove from Account option if you see it.
- If you don’t see it, just click on AirPods icon at the Top center.
- Click on the X to remove AirPods.
It will remove your old AirPods from your account and they will not connect to your devices and are ready for sale. The next thing you need to do is clean your AirPods.
- Wipe your AirPods and the case using a soft lint-free cloth.
- Use a cotton swab to clean the microphone openings.
- Use a little toothbrush or soft brush to get rid of debris.
Apple doesn’t recommend users to use any sharp objects, you should use a toothpick to take out some of the earwax. You should also wipe your AirPods with alcohol.
There are just a few places that will let you earn cash for your old AirPods without the need for selling them directly to a person. Currently, most of the stores are offering $45 to $50 if your AirPods are still working well.
- BuyBackWorld is now offering $45 for Average condition with the case and up to $50 for Excellent.
- MyPhones Unlimited is offering $50 for working AirPods.
The above options are the quickest way if you want to sell your AirPods without a hassle. You can still get more if you accept spending more time to sell your AirPods yourself on eBay or Facebook, but you need to deal with lower offers and pay for advertisement fees.