iMessage and SMS conversation threads could be for a long time and encompass shared photos, voice notes, and more year to year. If you want to return and look at it all, how would you do? All photos and videos are different from the rest of your attachments, but everything does in the same way. Here is how you can manage it all.
How to view and share your Messages in attachments
You can look at a messages conversation’s attachments in the Message app at any time you want. You can then share them with other people using different apps.
- Open Messages app on your iPhone/ iPad.
- Tap on the conversation that would like to view the attachments.
- Tap on the Info
- Scroll down to see the Images and Attachments All your images and videos will be listed under Images. Voice messages and other attachments will appear under Attachments.
- Tap on a photo or video under Images to see it. Simply swipe left or right to head to the conversation.
- Tap on an attachment under Attachments. Swipe left or right to go to the conversation.
- To view a photo, video, or other attachment if you want to see a list of your attachments by tapping on the list button.
- Tap on the Share button if you want to share with a share extension, or do another action with an extension.
How to view and share Messages in attachments in iOS 12
In iOS 12 version, there is a tweak of viewing your attachments, even though the process is much the same.
- Launch Messages app on your iPhone/ iPad.
- Tap on the conversation that you want to see the attachments.
- Tap on the avatar at the top of the conversation and choose Info
- Tap on Images to see photos and videos or Attachments to view anything else.
- Tap on the attachment, to view it.
- Select the list button in the bottom corner when you open your attachment to view a list of your attachments.
- Tap on the Share button if you want to share your attachment in another app.
How to delete Messages attachments
Removing a photo or other attachment without having to get rid of your entire thread is pretty simple. Here is how you can do it.
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap on the conversation that you want to view the attachments.
- Scroll through to your conversation until you see the photo, video, or attachment for the deletion.
- Tap & hold on the attachment > choose More
- When the bubble near the attachment is checked, tap on the trash can button to delete the photo, video, or attachments.
- Tap on Delete Message to remove the attachment.
Also read: How to Fix iMessage Syncing Issues
How to change the expiration settings for audio messages
There is an option for you to choose whether or not you’d like the audio messages that you receive to expire without the need for tapping on “Keep” every time. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Settings app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap on Messages
- Select Expire under the Audio Messages/ Video Messages
- Select either After 2 Minutes or Never.
Here is how to manage attachments in the Messages app. Let’s know in the comment below.