Many iOS 12 beta users have been facing up to several problems, foremost of which is the fast battery drain. The battery spin seems to be very short. Fixing battery life issues might be complicated, but this post will try to walk you through a certain number of potential fixes for your iOS12 device.
Fix iOS 12 Battery Drain on iPhone and iPad
Check All Your Apps
The first thing you should do is to have a close look at all of the apps installed on your phone. In iOS 12, you can easily check your apps for the abnormal battery drain. From there, you can get a better grip on all your apps. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Battery.
- Head to the Battery Usage Tool and it will clearly show up which apps are using more battery.
Disable Your Unused Widgets
In iOS 12, widgets are very commonplace. If you have many widgets work at the moment, it could be the root of your battery life problems. If you can use your phone without them, you should disable them and check if this method can improve your battery life. To do so
- Swipe right from your device’s home screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the widgets and tap on Edit.
When you are on the right screen, what you would see is a list of all apps and services. So, to deactivate a widget, just follow the below steps:
- Tap on the red circle with the white line.
- Choose Remove.
Use Low Power Mode When Necessary
The Low Power Mode is the feature that iOS users should be aware of. It is an extremely helpful feature to limit certain functions of the device for saving battery life. Once your device battery hits the 20% mark, you will be prompted to use it. However, you can still use it more frequently if you are experiencing battery loss.
You can have a look at how to enable Low Power Mode on your iOS 12 iPhone/iPad:
- Go to Settings >Battery.
- Tap on Low Power Mode.
- Toggle it to On whenever you want to turn it on
You can also add the Low Power Mode shortcut to the Control Centre. To do so:
- Go to Settings > Control Centre.
- Tap on Customize Controls.
- Search for the Low Power mode and tap on the green ‘+’ symbol.
Disable Raise to Wake & Tap to Wake Options
If you don’t want your display to switch on every time you pick it up, you can turn this feature off to save your battery better.
- Go to Settings >Display & Brightness.
- Turn the Raise to Wake function off.
- To switch off the Tap to Wake option, simply head to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Tap to Wake.
Also read: Tips To Fix Bluetooth Not Working In iOS 12
Reset All of your Settings
Although this method is more time intensive since you will need to re-enter Wi-Fi networks and Bluetooth connections again, the battery problems will be fixed. To do so:
- Go to Settings > General.
- Scroll down and tap on Reset > Reset All Settings and enter your passcode when prompted.
Once the process is done, you can check if there is any problem with battery life or not.
These are some common solutions to fix bad battery life on iOS 12. Let’s know your thoughts in the common below.