In iOS 11, it’s not surprised when you find your iMessages out of order on your iPhone/ iPad. The error happens due to a bug or somebody might have adjusted the settings wrongly. Whatever the cause comes from, fixing out of order iMessage in the Messages app for iPhone/iPad does not require much time. Here are a few solutions to help you fix iMessages out of order issue.
How To Fix iMessage Out of Order Issue On iPhone/iPad
Make sure date & time is correct
The first thing you should do is making sure the date and time are correct. If it’s wrong, it may be the primary culprit behind this issue, and there is a high chance that you can fix the issue just by giving it a fresh stance. To do so:
- Open Settings app on your iOS device and then tap on
- Scroll down to tap on Date & Time.
- Toggle the switch next Set Automatically to off
- Now, force restarts your device to apply the change.
- On iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X: Press and quickly release the volume up button, then continue to press and quickly release the volume down button. After that, press and hold the Power button.
- On your iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons at once.
- On iPhone 6s Plus or older devices: press and hold the Home button and Power buttons at once.
Once your device has booted up, turn on the switch and you will see the messages starts to appear in the right order.
If the above solution did not help you, then you should reactivate iMessage. To do so:
- Launch Settings app on your iPhone/iPad and then tap on
- Toggle iMessage off
- Wait for a few seconds and then turn it back on.
Finally, check again if you have successfully troubleshot the issue. If the problem hasn’t yet been fixed, move to the next method.
Reset All Settings
We know that you don’t want to reset your iPhone/iPad to factory default as a radical solution. But it’s has been a trusted solution for a long time to fix some of the common issues.
- Launch Settings app, tap on
- Tap on Reset> Reset All Settings and confirm your choice
After your phone resets to the default settings, check if you have resolved the issue. If it has worked, it’s great for you.
Update iOS on Your Device to Latest Version
With every update, Apple always tries improving the performance as well as fix bugs in the current version. Therefore, it’d better update your device. Before proceeding, make sure that your device’s battery has at least 50% and is connected to a stable Wi-Fi hotspot.
- LaunchSettings app and tap on
- Tap on Software Update and choose download & install the update, if there is an update available for you.
That’s pretty easy! Let your device update to the latest iOS version. Once done, the issue will go away.