We’re sure that “Live fish wallpapers” were a favorite of many iOS users. However, it no longer existed in iOS 11 version, which made many of you disappointed. If you are willing to get live fish wallpapers back on your iOS 11 iPhone/iPad, then this post will help you.
There is one to bring those eye-catching wallpapers back. Although the process comes with a bit of workaround, it’s worth having a try. Let’s see how it’s done the right way!
How To Bring Live Fish Wallpapers Back In iOS 11
To get live fish wallpapers back, we’ll need the help of two third-party apps to download wallpapers and then convert them into a live photo. We will use the well-known app, Documents, and a fine video-to-live photo converter, intoLive. So, download both apps from the links below:
Download Live Fish Wallpaper on iOS 11 iPhone/iPad
First, you need to download the wallpaper and save it to Camera Roll folder.
- Below are six live wallpapers(.m4v video files), so you can pick out your favorite ones or download all of them.
- Blue/Yellow Fish on Black Background
- Blue/White Fish on Black Background
- Blue/Red Fish on Black Background
- Orange Fish on White Background
- Light Blue Fish on White Background
- Blue/Orange Fish on White Background
Simply, tap on the link you want and then touch and hold on the link to copy it.
- Once done, launch Documents app and tap on the web browser button. Paste the link and tap on it.
- You can also change the name of the file, but don’t change the extension. Next, tap on Done to save the file.
Convert the Video into Live Photo
- Once you have downloaded the video, simply tap on the Documents tab at the bottom left of the screen.
- Next, tap on Downloads
- Tap the three dot buttons and choose Share option from the menu.
- From the share sheet, select copy to intoLive.
- Select if you want to repeat the animation. However, you should note that only the pro version ($2.99) lets you repeat the animation. You have the option to repeat the animation 2/3 times. It lets you play once, twice, or three times in a row.
- Tap on “Save Live Photos” to save the wallpaper to your Camera Roll.
Set Live Fish Wallpaper In iOS 11
You can now set it as wallpaper from Settings app and Photos app. We are going to get it done from the Photos app. To do this:
- Tap on Albums tab from the Photos app and head to Live Photos folder.
- Tap on the wallpaper you have saved and select the Share button and then tap on Use as Wallpaper.
- Now, make sure Live Photo is selected and choose
- There are now three options, including the Lock screen, Home screen or both.
That’s it! You have successfully gotten the fish eye wallpaper back your iOS 11 iPhone/iPad. You can now touch and hold the wallpaper from the Lock screen to view its animation.